Sunday, September 17, 2006

Neighborly Love


Neighborly Love, originally uploaded by Photo dLight.

So I'm somewhat floored by what my neighbors have done recently. In fact I'm not even sure when they put this flag up but it has to have been very recently. Needless to say I am beside myself. Are they that stupid? Am I wrong to interpret their flag as an indicator that they are nothing less than intolerant and racist? Is this flag in response to, and in support of, proposal 2; that would eliminate affirmative action in government hiring and university admissions? It would be one thing if we lived in the South, were they just can't help themselves. But for God's sake we are closer to the 45th parallel than the Mason-Dixon line, is there ANY other way to take this than they are a bunch of haters? Should I be afraid or should I just laugh? What the FUCK!?!

I thought the fact that my pride flag obscured my view of their flag was fitting irony.

Is it bad to be intolerant of intolerant people?

By the way am I the only one who has noticed that Michigan's Anti-gay Marraige Amendment was also Proposal 2?

No comments: