Saturday, November 25, 2006

Restricted


Restricted, originally uploaded by Photo dLight.

Spent the afternoon taking photos of the city. I was initially reluctant but once I got into the swing of things I really enjoyed myself. Having a tripod really helps capture better pictures, especially at dusk. Driving there I kept thinking that I just needed to not worry what others might think or say and just take the photos. Ironically when I got to the Michigan Central Station I realized crowds wouldn't be my problem. With the exception of a hand ful of homeless wandering around I was by myself, which of course made me feel just as awkward albeit for entirely different reasons.

The beauty and grandeur of the old building amid the neglect and decay that is Detroit is so sad. I hope that I can capture many more buildings from many more angles.

No comments: