Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Hard to believe it has been a week. Well time does fly when having fun. I suppose a recap is in order.

Thursday: A* spent the night again. I really do enjoy his company. We met up with friends at the Double O and then went out for dinner just the two of us. I had tentatively made plans with Rich that night but he didn't get back to me until it was much too late.

Friday: I drove down to Dearborn to take him back to his car. Not a bad little drive really and I am not going direct into the office anyway so no worries.

Later that evening we headed down to Columbus. Fun little city. The area we hung out at seemed very gay friendly. Axis was an interesting club. It had a good mix of boys most of the twink variety. Some were rolling most were not is my guess. The music was OK. I got a copy of the DJs CD.

Drama ensued as the night wore on. Things have started to become more clear and yet more confusing at the same time. Yep definitely drama.

Saturday: Return to the doll-drums. A* had dinner with an old college friend. I got to play host at the MB. The long awaited bar-outreach night that started in concept last June. It went much better than I would have guessed - at least from the point of view of my being able to sell and talk to people. Not my favorite thing to do. I was quite impressed with myself. Gave A* a call between sets and convinced him to spend the night. Got to get out of that place ASAP. Yea me.

Sunday: Was a wedding reception brunch for Mike & Pegg (note two gg and no Peggy). I had previously said I would go and so I brought A* along. I hadn't thought much of it. We were horribly underdressed although noone mentioned it. I wasn't so concerned but still even I would have like to do it up a notch. While he can fit my shirts and shoes, pant length is another story all together. I wasn't going to have him be underdressed by himself.

We crashed at my place for a bit after the reception. That's when it hit. FINALLY! A couple of people had apparently inquired as to our status at the brunch. A* finally said "Can we date?" Which is to say can we be boyfriends. We sort of were dating. It was weird and complicated but I understood it so it worked. That said I would like nothing more than to be with him and said as much.

That evening was the Hope Fund Event. Our first event as a couple. It showed. We had a blast and I was on cloud nine. The Westin is so fabulous. We are hosting our annual dinner there in March so I'm ecstatic about that. That I could be more open in my affection was even better. I was happy that night.

A* crashed again at my place. On the way home we had the top down, it was probably one of the last nights we could do that. We sang to the songs on the Moulin Rouge CD. We sang our hearts out, and we loved it. We were happy that night.
Tuesday was Slappy D's birthday at the MB. He is a nice guy although I haven't forgotten that he once said I was probably the queeniest person he had ever met. I'll show him queenie. Oops nothing like proving a point, huh?!?

Work it a blur right now, too much. But that is OK. Speaking of which I better get rolling. I need to be up in the AM. 'til next time.

Know that you're loved,

D

No comments: