Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Recipe for Disaster

OK fun with colors... I've wanted to change the color of this blog to a more purple hue for some time. Given my limitations of time and software (I'm not buying new software for this computer and I'd like to wait just a touch longer before I buy a new PC.) not everything is finished. I've already changed back and forth a few times. I am changing this in steps, so bare with me.

Speaking of color.

Work was crazy today. A week ago when asked if one of my tools would be running this week I gave a rather terse "NO". As if to imply whatever you think you know you don't so please stop wasting my time. Turns out my darling account manager scheduled a run for me and then neglected to inform me. Which is all well and good except that we don't have enough plastic right now to run the tool, not to mention making me look like a clown. Yeah, problem! I spent most of Monday and yesterday trying to find out where my material and colorant was. I had requested a batch some time back but told them I wouldn't need it until mid-month at the earliest so no rush. Oops!

The sales guy at Dow expedite overnight ships the material at a considerable cost only to find out that I do not yet have colorant so we won't be running after all. I could scream. I've been working on a rollout of a new piece of software to our product engineering team so the last thing I had time for today was placing the roll of shipping and logistics. The good news is I have to be in the office at 7:00AM tomorrow morning so that I can pick up were I left off tonight.

Have I mentioned I love my job?!?