Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Zap

We lost power again today. This time I had the benefit of being on the ground when it happened. Luckily it was isolated to the immediate area around where I work. A transformer caught fire just down the street from my office building. Most everyone else went home at lunch time today, I had a meeting with the “customer” who had power so I went off to their place. I did have a second meeting that was canceled so it turned out to be an early day for me as well. Yea, me!

If we don’t have power tomorrow the offices will be closed again. Not that it is likely but even so I’m not so lucky. I have a meeting at our Southfield office so unless they can move the black-out…

When I got home I mowed the lawn and started prepping it for winter. I have to say that it looks good right now. I still don’t understand why my lawn doesn’t look half as good as my neighbors but then I’m hardly ever here so, oh well.

This weekend is starting to look like another action packed one.

  • Friday - we are heading to Columbus. Mr. Withipey, A, and myself decided that we needed a short little getaway. This will be a kind of test run for South Beach and the White Party. I sometimes have issues of a sort so this will be a good chance to find my comfort zone.


  • Saturday – Affirmations Bar Outreach Night at the MB. I’m a little less than thrilled about this. Originally, I was supposed to be there to merely represent the Board with support from the staff and volunteering doing the talking about the center shtick. I have no problem helping out, collecting the cover/donations at the door and even answering questions. I cannot and rather have no desire to be a one-man show.


  • Sunday – Wedding reception brunch and the Hope Fund 2003 Campaign Kick-Off Event. The fundraiser will be at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport Westin. Affirmations is hosting their gala fundraiser diner there next March. This will be my first chance to see the place in action.


  • All in all it ought to be another interesting weekend.