Wednesday, December 06, 2006

From Zero to Angry in Record Time

I got my pee-pee slapped today at work. It seems that, and by seems I mean it actually happened, I offended one of my co-workers with a rather curt response. In my defense it was the third time in as many weeks I was asked to forward some information. And for the third time in response to the request I stated that the information did not exist. However this time for added measure I followed that up with "WHAT PART OF 'IT DOESN'T EXIST' DON'T YOU GET?!?" Needless to say it wasn't to long after that my boss was asking me about the very issue and requesting that I send the requisite information to the plant. Before I could even foment a response that was followed up with a goodly reminder that they were in the process of letting people go and I need not help them in the decision making process more.

Now I will admit that I should be more politic about what I say and how I react and I want to defend myself with a long list of things that would most definitely include "I hate stupid people" but I won't because the truth is that it is a fact of life that there will always be stupid people and they will always be in the way, and unfortunately they out number the rest of us, which gives them a certain amount of power and control. If I don't learn to deal with 'em I will never get ahead.

I honestly think that of late I have been better at how I handle most situations it's just that when I do react I do so which lightning quick speed and equal voracity.

It is something that I need to work on and recognize that my fate is tied to my ability to adjust my temperament. There is plenty that I could write about on this and probably will but for now I have other pressing matters.

Until next time.

No comments: