Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Baby?!?

So yet another of my cousins now has a baby. She is a cutie. Not that I doubt that they know how very luck they are but I hope they realize what a great gift they have been given and cherish every day the child that has come into their life. Not everyone is so lucky. Many couples, and individuals, gay or straight would give quite a bit to be so blessed. Not that I am ready for it, but I am getting there. A* and I have talked about our visions of the future and a child is almost certainly something we both would like. Not that "we" are anywhere near ready for that responsibility. I guess that is what makes gay parents such good parents. While the child will most likely face some hardship because he or she has two daddies but at least we would have planned ahead and only adopted after we knew we were ready for our child. Unlike many str8 relationships where the kid can come along rather unexpectedly or worse unwanted. Moreover many of use having come from our own childhood were we knew certain things were not quite right and some having suffered from that are more attuned to that ourselve and therefore more likely to pick up on some subtle issues that may effect our own child.

Someday, I hope I can be as lucky as them.