Sunday, March 07, 2004

Productive weekend I'd say.

Friday: A* and I had dinner with my sis and her girl friend. Followed up with drinks at my place where Corhan Seuss and his friend J joined us. J is one of those young boys who has apparently been there done that and knows it all in the process. Sadly though he looks like it too. We had a laugh when most of the group agreed that A* looked much young than he is and J... well let's just say that when I guessed how old he was I, one already knew and two guessed lower than I would have had I not known. We proceeded out to the MB for the Friday night booty contest. Corhan won (It helps when your friends are there!). A* ran into a guy that he had "known" in the past and proceeded to pull out this guy's "beer can". WOW! It was like the petting zoo. Everyone just had to touch it. Never a dull moment.

Saturday: Went to the Royal Oak Dems meeting for the first time in a while. It was good many of the people there. Not quite so much drama as in past meetings but still many run on speeches. After that A* and I headed out to Grand Rapids to visit my nephew. We got a late start and Toys R Us had a long line but it was good times. He is turning three this week so we had to get him something. A* picked out the play-dough and by the end of the evening we were all playing with it. The inner child shines through.

Sunday: was a nice lazy sleep in morning followed by several home improvement projects that I have been putting off. A* is always pretty good about keeping me on task so it was easier with him there. We did get snarled up with a plumbing job that is turning out to be more complicated than originally though - go figure. My father is going to stop by tonight with some extra tools so that we might finish the job. Here's hoping.

No comments: