Friday, March 12, 2004

Innocence Lost

So last night was sort of like when you first realize that perhaps Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny aren't real. We were at Pronto! but I wasn't drinking. Those people could not be more boring. Conversation ranged from the inane to the unintelligible. Aside from being far too crowded to enjoy to begin with there were very few of the usual crowd, which only added to my utter lack of fun. I suppose I am being a bit harsh. I was extremely tired and I did have some good conversation with some of my fellow teetotalers. Adding to the adventure a friend of ours had a bit too much to drink - I guess he felt he had to make up for me - and I got to drive his car home. I want one!

Had a little bit of clean up in the morning. I suspect he was trying to make up for so drama in his love life right now. I still haven't figure out what the deal was. It's all good though. Tonight is a friends 48th birthday. It should be quite fun and A* has reluctantly agreed to come along. He is of the opinion that this will be too political and boring. Most of these folks once they get a drink or too in them are pretty entertaining. Besides he'll never get to know them if he doesn't hang out with them.