Monday, April 18, 2005

Can't sleep

I can't sleep... Could be because I had a Mt. Dew at 4:30 this afternoon and the sugar and caffeine are still coursing through my veins. Could be because I didn't have my "banana" until 9 o'clock this evening; and while that may be the standard direction I have found that it is more effective for me to take it mid-afternoon. Maybe it is because my boyfriend is snoring away in the bed and nothing seems to disrupt his sleep - particularly when he took something for his allergies - and we all know how sound like that can keep me awake. Or perhaps it is everything that I am thing about, which of course would bring us back to the "banana" but still there seems to be an abundance of thoughts, ideas and otherwise unresolved issues to hash through.

I haven't updated about the weekend so perhaps I could do that and then share some thoughts to kill time.

Friday

Had dinner with my mother and sister. It was her birthday a week back and this was the first chance my sis had to host mom. She used the excuse that her car had been stolen and she now doesn't have one to request that mom drive out this way rather than the reverse. Not a bad move if you ask me; in the six plus years I've lived here in Royal Oak I believe she has been out her no more than six times. Where as I have been to their place six times in the last month. I guess I rather do like to drive so it is no sweat to me but still it is the thought.

A* decided to go out with friends to the MB he stumbled in around quarter to four in the morning.

Saturday

What I did do: Mr K and I went to the Fisher Building to do some shopping. After that we met up with my yenta and the three of us went to see the Heidelberg Project, shop at Easter Market, have lunch at Sinbad's on the river and stop in at Pewabic Pottery. All in all it was a busy afternoon. Next time I want to bring my camera along (of course that assumes that I have a camera, nevertheless).

My sis and her girlfriend came over and the four of us bar-b-qued. The twin and gunny stopped by later for a few drink. All in all it was a good day.

What I didn't do: Saturday morning was the annual park clean-up day in Royal Oak. In Past years a group of us had gotten together to either clean up one of the local parks or participate in the street sweep downtown. Marie usually organized it but I suppose she had other fish to fry this year.

The home builders show was Saturday as well. I wasn't looking for much in the way of what new things are out there - I don't plan on doing anything too outrageous with the deck - but it would have given me a chance to speak with code enforcement without having to deal with the city staff at city hall. Neutral territory, if you will.

Saturday night was Jeff-Jack, or the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, which is the annual fundraiser dinner of the Michigan Democratic Party. I haven’t had the money to go but should have tried all the same. I’ve made some good allies and decent connections going to that event and shouldn’t let them go to waste.

Of course one of the thought that I am mulling over is what it is that I want to do in this next phase of my life. I definately think that I have to worry a little more about me and a lot less about other things. So what do these connection do for me if I'm not involved? Not much I guess...

No comments: