Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tips for Travelers to Canada

Tips for Travelers to Canada:

"Drunk Driving Driving under the influence of alcohol is a serious offense. Penalties are heavy, and any prior conviction (no matter how long ago or how minor the infraction) is cause for exclusion from Canada. A waiver of exclusion may be obtained from a Canadian consulate in the United States, but several weeks are required. There is a processing fee for the waiver. "

Umm... Huston we have a problem. Do they mean there or here or in general?

I went online to determine what the latest requirement for business travel to Canada is. The travel agency referred to a letter that I needed to carry with me, but I have never needed anything of the sort before and trust if I haven't been to the great white north (or south as the case may be) tonnes of times before without any documentation aside from my passport; which is itself overkill for Canada. I read the letter but was more confused than before so I went to the source and that is when I discovered an entirely new problem. Well suffice to say that this evening will be quite entertaining, between the rental car and this I had better not forget my "banana".

If possible I will update tonight, otherwise I hope to see ya'll soon.

No comments: