Friday, January 07, 2005

Dreams

Last night I had a dream. It was possibly one of the more vivid dreams I've had in some time, and equal parts surrealism, reality, and projection.

I joined the US Marines, which trust me is not on my list of things to do before I die. I cannot think of any particular reason I would have dreamt this scenario. My twin brother is a Marine so that is the closest I can think. It is possible that it could represent a focus on the discipline of boot camp that could represent a desire to reform or change the coarse of my life.

Rather than attending boot camp at Parris Island I camped it up in Paris, France. Which begs the question, does my subconscious have a sense of humor and taste for irony? Then there is the phone call from my cell phone to A* during drill. Clearly not reality but at the same time a good representation of a conversation he and I had earlier that day. Who knows?!?

'til later, sweet dreams...


No comments: