Friday, January 21, 2005

Networking my way across the Blogosphere

I sent this out to friends and family yesterday. Now it is your turn...
__________________________________________________________________


Thursday, January 20, 2005
Greetings All,

I hope this letter finds you all in great spirits, rested from the holiday season and still committed to your New Year’s Resolutions. I myself am only 50/50 on the resolutions but then tomorrow is another chance to fix that right (why wait ‘til next year?!?) I had begun writing this letter, earlier this week, with an entirely different purpose in mind but recent circumstances have forced a change of plans.

Regrettably after four years and 8 months (I had just received the invite to my 5 year anniversary event earlier this month) I am no longer an employee of Lear Corporation. Fallen victim to the latest round of cuts that have been going on for the last two plus years, I was part of yesterday’s layoffs, more directly than I care. It was an interesting experience, the last four years, and the layoff, one that I have definitely grown from and do not regret.

Obviously a new chapter must now be forged and it is with that in mind that I now write you. I need your help. I will, of course, be doing quite a bit of work to return to productive society myself, but should you know of any opportunities out there I would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind. I am currently in the process of updating my résumé and will gladly forward it upon request. By way of back-ground information I have a BS in Chemical Engineering from Michigan State University, and previously worked as a Product Engineer working on hard trim (plastic) automotive interiors and have a total of 8 years automotive, and 3 years chemical work experience. Certainly I would be interested in a similar type position but am entertaining other opportunities as well.

I am lucky to be surrounded by great friends and family that support me (some have already proposed solutions), as well a boyfriend whose love knows no bound. While there is rarely a good time for something like this to happen I am blessed to be where I am now. After getting all of my ducks in a row, résumé updated, on-line job hunt applications filled out and phone calls made you will be one of my best resources.

Thank you again.

Know that you're loved,

D

"Peace, it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." -Unknown

David T. Light
612 S. Dorchester Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48067-4048
Home: (248) 546-1267

No comments: