Sunday, October 30, 2005

World Record My Butt

I hung out with Nicholas yesterday. We got to carve a pumpkin and play in the leaves. It was a nice diversion from the norm. Nicholas is a fun little kid, he'll be a firecracker when he grows up.

Part of the reason for the pumpkin carving was to enter it into a contest in town where they were trying to set a new World's Record. They needed more than 26,000 pumpkins to make a crack at it. Our pumpkin when entered at 7:20PM, little more than 30 minutes before the cut-off point, was number 1034. Needless to say they had a long way to go if they were to make a dent in the remaining time. Sure they had a lot more people down town on a Saturday than normal but I will venture to guess that few families with 3 year olds spent any appreciable time in any of the stores shopping - my presumed ulterior motive for such an event. Anyway, I had fun and there were some interesting entries so it twain't all that bad.

Maybe next year ...

No comments: