Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Therapy

So it is amazing how things happen. I was mudding and sanding drywall all day Saturday and though it is fairly mindless work my noggin was getting real traction. I thought about a lot of things - what has happened in my recent past, where I am presently and where my future may lead me. More so now than ever I need someone to talk to that can understand where I'm at and provide some guidance. Anyway, as I'm sanding an old soliloquy comes to my mind. It deals with life and the world around you and has always helped me refocus when things get rough. As I was kicking around on-line I noticed that one guy on Out in Chicago had the same poem on his own personal blog. It brought a smile to my face. On Monday while talking with my therapist he used a phase from the poem and I mentioned it's name. Ironically he had never heard of the poem before the previous evening when a colleague handed him his business card which has the single word "Desiderata" on the back of it. The coincidence was amusing. Clearly the universe is unfolding as it should.

There was some more here but frankly after the technical difficulties it was enough to recompile the last part of this first paragraph. Suffice to say that I know I need to have patience to see myself through the next phase of my life.

Know that you're loved,

D

No comments: