Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wheels in my Head

OK, so I cannot sleep. Trust me, I tried and I definitely feel tired but when push comes to shove my mind just keeps chugging along. I had a coffee in the afternoon but that should have worn off well before now. A* is already halfway to Never-Never Land and all I can do is try to find a pattern in his snoring. I think of this, then that – the past, the present and the future, however imperfect it may be. Should I continue to lay there or no? Should I balance my checkbook or re-read my resume. What to do, what to do?

In between reading news and listening to some calming music I have been looking at job postings on Monster, and I have been thinking. I guess I have a lot of things to think about. There are plenty of things in my life that right now at this moment aren’t so great but there are just as many that are. It isn’t that I am unhappy, it's that I am discontented. The difference, I suppose, has much to do with where I think I could be and does not focus on where I am. I’ve always had this problem. There are always lists of tasks I should do, places I should go, and things I should learn. What I need to learn is to be content with what I have while striving to have more. Can that be balanced or acheived?

Know that you're loved,

D

"Peace, it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." -Unknown

No comments: