Tuesday, September 23, 2003

A. thinks that I might be in my nesting phase. I've spent quite a bit of time working on my house. More so than in the last few months combined. I think it is fair to say that I was pleasantly distracted for the last few months and that had something to do with it. Truth be told however there is a change in the air and I have been quite occupied with many little projects around here lately. Part of it may be a discontent with how I had pushed things aside around here for far too long. Another part of it is a simple desire to keep myself distracted. Busy away from the problems of the outside world. Not so much from my current relationship situation, or lack there of - although that is certainly part of it - but rather a general desire to withdraw. More than a few people I know have expressed the same feeling. It goes something like this: Even though "we" have made great strides in the area of gay rights in the last few months the sense is there is a coming storm of backlash. That bad things must now follow the good. The economy is bad. The government, more expressly the White House, is doing more harm than good, and is playing on our most basic fears more so than even the media. There is a feeling of great negativity. That soon something truly bad is going to happen and yet we will not be prepared for this. I generally have tried to maintain a positive outlook on things and know that progress is slow and there is a natural ebb and flow to things, my only hope it that we are on the right side of the tide. I hope...

No comments: