Monday, September 22, 2003

Crazy busy weekend. Which should have meant plenty to write about, only there has been no time to do so. Where to start...

Friday: My kitchen is now a striking yellow. Bumblebee on the bottom, a lighter Translucent Cream on top. I don't know what came over me. I've wanted to paint it for some time but haven't. I came home Friday evening and just decided that now was the time. I've almost finished. I was up until 2 AM Saturday morning and back at it by 8 o'clock. I need to decide what color the trim should be. I'm thinking burgundy?!?

Saturday: Continued on the kitchen. Took a break to work with my sister on the up-stairs renovations. Mudding in drywall is work. If for no other reason than I want it to be perfect I'm taking way more time than one should on this. I hope to finish before winter...

Went out for drinks Saturday night. Again didn't really intend to stay as long as I did. I had wanted to merely put in an appearance and head back home to keep the momentum on the kitchen going. We were having a good time though and headed to the MB. I met a cute guy there. He actually came up to me - a rare event - and we talked/flirted for some time. Only what trouble is I apparently gave the wrong signals and they left when I walked away for a moment to talk to another friend. I don't know why I didn't make my interest more apparent but I didn't. So be it.

Sunday: 7 AM get up for the AIDS Walk Opening Ceremony... OK 7:30 get up for the AIDS Walk Opening Ceremony. What did I drink last night. I think the $3 Long Islands at the MB were a bad idea. Especially after three Guinness. Oops! Home by 11:30. Crash on the couch until 2 then back to it in the kitchen. I finished everything but the trim and decided to hit the bathroom next. Bright clean white, very nice.

All in all not a bad weekend given everything as a whole. Need to wrap up my projects and move on to the next. I'd really like to get the entire house a nice coat of paint. That will keep me occupied.

No comments: