Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Someone remind me again, why do I pay for DSL?!? I'm sure it is faster than dial up but sometimes I could send things fast by regular mail. Frustrating.

It was a long one today, it was. I had to make a run for the border this afternoon to Windsor, ON. Oh sure crossing the bridge midday can be bad any time. Add that tomorrow is 9/11. Nightmare!

So I'm driving down I-75 getting closer to the exit and I cannot figure out why all these semis are stopped in the right lane... Duh! I figured it was faster to cross at the tunnel, which it was, only now I have to find my way to a place that I only know how to get to from the bridge. Mind you it wasn't that difficult and I'm much better than most but still.

I spent a few hours reviewing schematics with my tooling engineer to try and see if even some of the hair-brained changes that “the customer” is asking for is even feasible.

I love that word; feasible: fea·si·ble ('fE-z&-b&l) - adjective capable of being done or carried out

So my job today was to determine if the changes were feasible. Hell, I could have told you they were without driving to Windsor. Oh you don't want to spend $200,000? Well that's different. Why didn't you mention that?!? Well then maybe it isn't feasible. Give me something here boys and girls what is it that you want? Sometimes I just want to clunk their heads together.

There used to be a time when I loved my job. People would ask me what I do and I would light up and ramble on for sometime. I used to get to work at 6:30 and leave at 5:00. Now if I make it in by 8 o'clock its a small victory. I know that I have to accept that other's make the decisions and that my job is to merely care out those decisions, for the most part but I mean really! I've got the itch again. Maybe it is time to start thinking about a change...

No comments: